October 19, 2010 -Fresno is Amazing

Hey everyone,

Things are very abnormal here in fresno but i love it. So Elder Pinnock and I are in the same town same apartment and pretty much the same companionship. Our companions are Elder Solares(mine) and Elder Gaskins(his) They are the zone leaders so they are companions at night and it just gets complicated to try and explain further so I'll just leave it at that. I love it being this way its so much fun. Elder Solares is from mexico so even though I'm state side i still got a native as a companion which is great cause he helps me so much with my spanish. We are assigned to a little town called Sanger. we have 6 missionaries here 2 english 4 spanish and the english elders also cover the YSA ward. This week has been full of lots of surprises and things I never thought that I would be able to do on my mission like drive a car. So the work is really growing here we have a goal for 20 baptisms before the end of the year. I had the amazing opportunity to invite 3 people to make that step in their lives. the first was Silvia she is in here late 50's a really nice lady. I totally butchered the invitation in Spanish but its a good thing that the spirit is the one that teaches not me. We aren't sure when she'll be baptised we set the date for OCT 31 but today we are going to see if we can move it to saturday. the other two that I invited to be baptized are Alex 12 and Alejandra 14 their Dad(Alejandro) is so firm in the things we teach him he has a date for NOV 6 and we invited him on a church tour its really cool and spiritual and the only do it in 3 missions in the world. We bring them into the church and talk about christ and the sacrament and baptism and then end with the restoration and an invitation to be baptized. So Alejandro speaks spanish but his kids speak english so Elder Solares took Alejandro on a spanish tour and I did an english on with the kids and at the end we invited the kids to be baptized on the 6th with their dad its so exciting!! any ways they are all strong and things are way exciting. I love you all have fun take care talk to you next week. I'll have more time to write next week.

Love always
Elder Langley

No comments:

Post a Comment