Hey y'all!!
I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I know that I did. we found two new investigators that morning then we spent the rest of the day eating with members... need less to say I gained some weight this week. I don't think that this season is going to be a good one for my weight. It gets dark here at about 5:00 and all the Hispanic people seem to always be cooking or eating something now that it is cold and dark. The food is amazing though!!! we had tamales last night that were incredible and I seem to eat something new every week. I bet that mom made some amazing food there for thanksgiving!! Ok so that's probably enough about the food.
This week we didn't have the baptisms that we thought we were going to have. WE weren't able to get the permission form Blanca's mom to have her baptized. we are going to try talking to her mom's boyfriend cause we think that she won't give it because he isn't very open to us. Fredy is ready to be baptized but he was really busy last weekend. WE rescheduled his baptism for this Friday. Some other things that changed this week to. We got a new mission leader his name is Brother Mitchell he is suppose to be the next mayor of Sanger I believe. He should be really good he has helped us out a lot in the past especially with the spanish investigators. We spoke in church on sunday Elder Pinnock and I were asked to speak in english. then Elder Gaskins and Elder Solares spoke in spanish then the other translated. It was pretty cool I can slowly see the ward starting to unify and include the spanish members more. this week was kindof slow as far as the work goes it rained alot and that kindof slowed it down.
Here are some pictures I know I've been promising them for a while so I finally got a thing that I could connect to the computer and send them this way. I'll tell you who every one is so that you know. I'll go left to right across the pictures. 166- Brother Collett, Me , President Studdert(MTC Branch 17 Presidency) 119 me at the provo temple during a temple walk on sunday 151 Hermano Hernandez(one of my mtc teachers) 155 Me and Hno Hernandez in our class room 157 Hermano Serverensen and me(my other MTC teacher) 161 my mtc district. [first row-Hno serverensen, Elder Cruz, Elder Soleburg(? i forgot how to spell it:( ), row 2- Elder Pinnock, Elder Challman, Elder Gardner, Row 3-Elder WRight, Elder Burton, Me, Row 4- Elder Whitmer, Elder Williams, Elder Bertola] I hope you enjoy those pictures I'll send some more next week. I hope that Everyone has a great week
Love always
Elder Langley
No comments:
Post a Comment