October 25, 2010 -Spanish and Food

Hola!

This week was a good one alot of things happened. so last week I told you a little bit about our crazy companionship. I love it last night I was talking to elder Pinnock before we fell Asleep and We talked about once we get down to Mexico the other elders in our district aren't going to believe that we were companions here in fresno. Spanish is coming a long good I still understand a lot but I'm kindof confined to the gospel language which is like the most important right now but when the conversation leaves the gospel I'm lost so I'm working on that slowly.

Silvia is going to be baptized this sunday. She is the First one I invited to be baptized last week Its really exciting to see her make this big step in her life. It'll help her so much! WE have another investigator that needed to move out of the house she was living in to be baptized and she called us yesterday and said she was ready and wanted to move out. We were able to find a place for her and hopefully she'll be baptized really soon. we're going to check with her and she how everything is going. Alejandro and his family are so strong its amazing. He gave us a reference then went with us to contact him. His name is Fredi and we are now teaching him and his Girlfriend Blanca. They came to church yesterday and they are just as strong and ready as Alejandro I think. By the end of the week They should both have baptismal dates. It is amazing how fast the work is going here. Not everything is fast but its going amazing! We cover the Sanger Ward and its crazy because there are 6 missionaries assigned to this ward 2 english and the 4 spanish. the ward right not is about 50/50 english spanish. in Elders Qourum we had 5 english speakers and like 20 Spanish it was amazing. We are trying to get a spanish group so that the spanish members can have a spanish sacrament meeting and then our spanish investigators would feel more comfortable coming to church.

The ward is really nice the spanish Sisters always make sure we are eating and have enough food. They Cook us real Mexician food because they are all from Mexico So far I haven't eaten anything that I didn't like(and I've eaten some weird things like grasshoppers) Grasshoppers are bad at all I mean I wouldn't eat them like candy but they're good. We actually have a little bag of them on our table in the apartment. The english elders freaked out when we offered them some and even more when I ate one to show them that they weren't bad. It was pretty funny They haven't come back over since that. Oh well they'll come back over eventually they live in an appartment across the street.

Congrats to Bobby and Saylla. Jaine(?) looks so cute. I hope that Everything is going well with that. I love you all Have a great week! Thank you for the letters and prayers they are very much appreciated and needed! My god be with you!

Love always,
Elder Langley

No comments:

Post a Comment