Hey everyone
I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful time of the year. This week was one of the roughest I think that I've had in the mission so far. As I look back it had a lot of ups and downs. most weeks we have our ups and downs but for some reason this week the ups and downs were much more drastic. Tuesday this week our mission got 14 new missionaries. our companionship was chosen to help them with what we call operation 'open your mouth'. What happens is we go in and meet them at the mission office help them do all the emailing home, pictures, and interviews. After all that is done we get to take one missionary and go tracting with them for like and hour. I went out with Elder Ingels. He's a great elder from NY. We started walking around the area we were assigned and I felt prompted to knock on a door. We met a nice lady Jaimy she has an 11 month old and a baby on the way and we talked with her about eternal families. we went on to talk to a lot of other people that were interested. the thing that i love is we don't knock on a door unless the spirit prompts us to do so. that's the way I was taught here in sanger to find people. It made that experience so uplifting and inspiring for elder Ingels. The Spirit is the only way that this work can be done and this week has really help me see that even more then before. Wednesday Elder Gaskins and Elder Pinnock found a huge family of 11. 9 of which are old enough to be baptized. It was exactly what we have been praying for and they wouldn't have found the family if they were listening to the spirit. Thursday and friday were slow days 3 out of the 4 of us are sick and we had to do a lot of paperwork which always takes a long time. They were productive days just slow and tiring. Saturday we had amazing success as one of our part member families invited us over to eat so they could tell us a miracle that happened that week for them. It was an answer to their prayers and they ended the night wanting to come to church which they did. I think we are going to try and set their baptismal date for Christmas or there abouts. We had a lot of other investigators at church as well. Alejandro and Alex received the priesthood. The work is progressing and the lord is directing it. I hope y'all have a great week. Stay warm there in Utah! Remember hot chocolate is your best friend I know its mine as it has been raining here the last couple days.
Love always
Elder Langley
No comments:
Post a Comment